You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 11 lock button won’t work

when I press the lock button, the phone will not lock. But when I restart the phone it will continue to work for a short while. The button has no damage, not stuck etc.

The button still works to turn off.

It has only started when I updated the phone to 13.5.1

Ive had this phone for A couple of weeks or so now.

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 1:24 PM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2020 11:06 AM in response to jemma84

Hello jemma84,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the Side button doesn't consistently lock your iPhone 11 after recently updating iOS. I can see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

I recommend reinstalling iOS with a computer. This step can resolve possible software issues by removing your current software and installing a fresh version. While your computer will try to reinstall the software without erasing your data, it's definitely a good idea to make sure that your content is backed up prior to trying this step.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, please follow the remaining steps in the following resource:

If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

Have a nice day!

IPhone 11 lock button won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.