You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apple pencil only works if i press really hard on my screen. it happens on the home screen and procreate, etc. ive tried everything, i mean everything. reseting, re pairing, forgetting, rebooting, changing the tip, charging, and anything else.

My Apple Pencil worked fine until today when I used it after like 5 days of not using it. It would not work. I figured out after trying every possible way to get it to work, that it only works if I press really hard. Even on the home screen. I have a 6th generation iPad and a 1st generation pencil. Can anyone help me?

-Kate

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 9:07 PM

Hello,

At any point was your iPad’s display replaced or removed (for a battery replacement)?

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 1, 2020 2:41 AM in response to Kate_14

Start by ensuring that the soft plastic Apple Pencil tip is not showing any signs of wear. If it shows any sign of wear, change it for the spare tip that came in the box; the spare tip is attached to the same card that includes the charge-adapter.

Next, verify that the tip is firmly screwed-on to the Pencil. If only slightly loosened, it will affect registration of the tip to the screen.

If these actions do not improve matters, on the basis of your description, it is possible that the transducer in the Pencil tip is damaged. Confirmation is only possible if the Pencil can be paired and tested with another iPad. Unless you have access to another compatible iPad during the COVID-19 Apple Store closures, you may have to wait for the Apple Stored to reopen.

You could seek assistance directly from Apple Support, but their ability to remotely diagnose a transducer problem will be limited. If your Pencil is within its 12 month warranty, you might (possibly) be offered an exchange. The link to Contact Support is at top-right of this page.

my apple pencil only works if i press really hard on my screen. it happens on the home screen and procreate, etc. ive tried everything, i mean everything. reseting, re pairing, forgetting, rebooting, changing the tip, charging, and anything else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.