You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch ECG

Is Apple in Australia in the process of applying to allow the ECG app to be used in Australia? If so is there an ETA?

Posted on May 30, 2020 6:48 PM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2020 1:25 AM in response to Jess76Layton

I'm no lawyer (so don't hold this against me - just trying to be optimistic with my limited knowledge of law) but an amendment has been passed and received royal assent just recently (Therapeutic Goods Amendment (2020 Measures No. 1) Bill 2020). The amendments made do seem to cover possible adaptations to allow "the software" of an Apple Watch to act as a medical device. If it's good to go, let's hope that Apple are quick to make the registration with the TGA a priority so will it will be apart of our devices.

More info on the amendment: https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_Legislation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r6507

Apple Watch ECG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.