You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not receiving text notifications from one specific phone?

My boyfriend has a Google Pixel 2. Ever since the beginning, my iPhone has never gotten text notifications from him. I now have the XR. All my notification settings are on how I like them and I receive notifications from everyone else who texts me, both iPhone and otherwise. I find this so strange since every other text I get I get a sound and banner notification. The only way to know if he texts me is if I open the message and see the text there. So the texts are coming through but no notifications are coming in? Is anyone else having this problem with Google Pixels/iPhones? We’ve also checked his text notification settings and they’re all normal. He also gets notified when I send him a text. Not sure what we could do.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 30, 2020 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 1:16 PM

Hi seri1989,

Thanks for posting on Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are not receiving notifications when your boyfriend sends you messages. You get notifications for everyone else except him. You've checked your settings and still don't get notified.

The first thing I would check at this point is to see if his message thread is muted. You can do so by viewing the Messages list and swipe left on the conversation. If it says show alerts then the conversation was muted. Be sure to select show alerts to enable notifications again. You can find more information about message notifications in the following article. Change message notifications on iPhone

If in fact the conversation was not muted, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Toggle notifications off and then on again for Messages. Tap Settings> Notifications> Messages> Allow Notifications.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Reset Network Settings. Note this will remove any saved wireless network passwords. Make sure you have access to the passwords before resetting. Tap Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings.
  4. If you still aren't receiving notifications, delete the conversation thread and start a new one to test.

If the issue persists you can Contact Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2020 1:16 PM in response to seri1989

Hi seri1989,

Thanks for posting on Apple Support Communities. I understand that you are not receiving notifications when your boyfriend sends you messages. You get notifications for everyone else except him. You've checked your settings and still don't get notified.

The first thing I would check at this point is to see if his message thread is muted. You can do so by viewing the Messages list and swipe left on the conversation. If it says show alerts then the conversation was muted. Be sure to select show alerts to enable notifications again. You can find more information about message notifications in the following article. Change message notifications on iPhone

If in fact the conversation was not muted, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Toggle notifications off and then on again for Messages. Tap Settings> Notifications> Messages> Allow Notifications.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Reset Network Settings. Note this will remove any saved wireless network passwords. Make sure you have access to the passwords before resetting. Tap Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings.
  4. If you still aren't receiving notifications, delete the conversation thread and start a new one to test.

If the issue persists you can Contact Apple Support

iPhone not receiving text notifications from one specific phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.