You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Card not readable!

I have a GoPro and a 64GB Pny Brand micro sd card and it came with an adapter but when i put it in the mac it says 'This Card is not readable by this computer' Can someone help?

Posted on May 29, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Does it have any files on it that you need to save?

How is it formatted?

Does Disk Utility recognize it?

8 replies

May 30, 2020 2:55 PM in response to Malcolm0122

Is this with the card in your Mac's card reader? See if Image Capture can recognize your card and, if so, download all of the photos to a folder on the Desktop. Then reformat the card in the camera, take some test shots and try again.

Another avenue to take is to connect the camera to the Mac with it's USB cable and see if it gets recognized.

May 31, 2020 12:33 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately I tried what you suggested by connecting camera to the iMac via usb, but no joy it didn’t even know the camera was connected. I will have to see if it works with my iPad pro via a card reader and maybe the camera too. If that doesn’t work, I shall have to try to do it on the MacBook Air as that has not been updated yet to 10.15.5. Thank you again for your prompt reply.

Card not readable!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.