You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie export problems

Trying to export short iMovie video (4 min.) in emailable format. On first pass I made the mistake of clicking "no" when prompted on allowing iMovie to control Mail. I have quit, reset iMovie Preferences, rebooted the whole system, specifically granted iMovie full disk access in System Preferences, restarted app, and still no connection to mail.

I don't actually WANT to email the file, but I don't see any other option for exporting at a compact quality and resolution.

Thanks for any help.

Posted on May 24, 2020 4:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 7:22 AM

Here you are:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250134108

7 replies

May 25, 2020 8:21 AM in response to AirGraph

The ticket in thread 250134108 was post 2/2/19 which adds "Automation" as well as disk access for iMovie to access Mail. Thanks for pursuing it.

In case Apple is listening, I wish they would go back to allowing the user full access to export options. Fine to prepackage optimal settings for Mail, Vimeo, etc., but File export should only be limited by what is possible to engineer.

imovie export problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.