You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring Music Info Between Accounts

So I first got an Apple device before family sharing ever came out in iOS. Back then, to make purchases, I essentially had my mother logged into my iPhone's iTunes in order to make purchases, meaning that it's technically her Apple ID on the account. Since then, her Apple ID has been used to make purchases on this device as well as her own.

Eventually we purchased an individual apple music subscription and this worked out fine - we still didn't know family sharing existed and just shared one apple music library under this same Apple ID. F

However, since then I've now been using my own Apple ID for my iCloud info, while her Apple ID has continued being used as the one used in the app store/itunes. This has posed little issues other than stramlining.

For 4 years, I have been the main user of our Apple Music account, with my mom keeping her own 1 or 2 playlists. However, I've begun to realize the disadvantages a shared account can have: we can't listen at the same time and our music listening data are combined.

But the biggest issue of all, and the focus of the post, is that my younger brother now wants apple music. Currently, we do have Family Sharing enabled for all 3 of us. However, if we are to switch to a family sharing apple music subscription, my mother and I's apple music accounts would be separated, with me having to lose 4 years of listening data and being left with a completely new account. I've also started to worry about the streamlining issues that can arise in the future if I keep my itunes purchases and icloud account separated and always linked to my mother, but this sacrifice is the only thing holding me back.

Is there any way all of the listening data of the original account can be transferred over my actual Apple ID if I were to switch to a family apple music plan?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 6:46 PM

In general, items associated with one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID. However, perhaps this article will help:

Share App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Transferring Music Info Between Accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.