You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The data connection on a game on iOS is severed each time I switch tabs

Hi all,

I have recently started playing a game called Old School Runescape on my iPhone 11 Pro Max running the latest software. If I switch tabs for more than 10-20 seconds it appears the data connection with the game is severed and I am logged out of the game. Is there a way around this? I have background app refresh turned on but this hasn't helped. I also have an android device and this doesn't happen on that device.

Thanks in advance for any help.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 20, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 8:37 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it seems to be a problem with iOS and the way it handles apps in the background rather than the app itself. Other people have complained about the same issue on various other platforms and the app developer said it’s a problem with iOS.

3 replies

May 21, 2020 8:34 AM in response to DannyOSx

Hello DannyOSx,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that while playing a game it disconnects from data when you switch apps even though you have Background App Refresh enabled. You may want to contact the app developer to report this issue to them and see if they have any solutions:

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Best Regards.

May 21, 2020 10:07 AM in response to DannyOSx

DannyOSx,

In a situation like this it may help to back up your iPhone and reinstall the software. The following article has the steps on how to backup your iPhone: 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

By using the steps as listed under the heading "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" from the following article you can reinstall the software on your iPhone: 

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards.

The data connection on a game on iOS is severed each time I switch tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.