You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Charger Turns burning hot

Hello, I have observed that my MacBook charger gets burning hot whenever I put my mac on charge, it is so hot that you cannot even touch it. What could be the reasons?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 17, 2020 12:38 AM

3 replies

May 17, 2020 7:49 AM in response to Namitta

Please refer to this excerpt from If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook:

If the adapter gets warm

The USB-C power adapter can become warm during normal use, so be sure to use it in a well ventilated area. Always plug the power adapter directly into a power outlet using the AC plug, or place it on a table or other well ventilated area when using the Power Adapter Extension Cable (sold separately).

Avoid placing your adapter in a poorly ventilated area, like on a couch, thick carpeting, bedding, or a pillow. Avoid covering the adapter with a blanket or other insulation.

The power adapter might turn itself off if it gets too warm. If this happens, disconnect the USB-C cable from your Mac notebook, then let the power adapter cool down before handling it.

If necessary, get your cable and power supply evaluated.

If you are using the older MagSafe power adapter, refer to Using and maintaining your Apple MagSafe Adapter.

To identify the power adapter you're using, refer to Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook.

For general operational information read Using Apple power adapters, cables, and duckheads with Apple products.

MacBook Air Charger Turns burning hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.