You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air is not eligible for AppleCare?

I recently purchased a MacBook Air (2018 I think) from a local mall. It's new and everything. I been trying to purchase Apple Care and was told I could for a certain amount of time after my purchase. I only purchased my laptop two days ago but when I put in the serial number for AppleCare, it tells me my laptop is not eligible. Is there a way around this?

MacBook

Posted on May 14, 2020 9:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 9:45 AM

Hi,

Try to contact Apple Support to tell them about circumstance you face with now.

https://support.apple.com/contact

2 replies

May 14, 2020 9:40 AM in response to dyamondsierra

Was the MacBook purchased from an authorized retailer? If not, then if the retailer you purchased the MacBook from purchased the MacBook themselves from a distributor/authorized retailer, then the warranty period started at that time. If that sale was done over 1 year ago (length of standard warranty) then you will not be able to purchase Apple Care.

My MacBook Air is not eligible for AppleCare?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.