You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New IPhone

my company pays for my line with Verizon. I am trading in my XR and just got my new SE. I have to keep my same number and I was told by apple that I couldn’t. I think I’m supposed to put my old SIM card in the new phone or do I use the new SIM card that came with the new phone? Thank you.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 14, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 9:43 AM

You can insert your old sim card from the iPhone XR into the SE and retain your number and service as it was. This is the easiest way to do it, unless your new iPhone locked to a carrier that is different to the one the sim card from the old iPhone is for.

You can of course use the included sim card and activate the service on it, or use the built in eSim to setup the service, and leave the physical sim card slot available for another line.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2020 9:43 AM in response to SeanOC89

You can insert your old sim card from the iPhone XR into the SE and retain your number and service as it was. This is the easiest way to do it, unless your new iPhone locked to a carrier that is different to the one the sim card from the old iPhone is for.

You can of course use the included sim card and activate the service on it, or use the built in eSim to setup the service, and leave the physical sim card slot available for another line.

May 14, 2020 9:32 AM in response to SeanOC89

Generally businesses that provide their employees with a business phone also provide the cellular service. In your case, your company is allowing you to use your personal phone for business purposes and will pay for the service. At least that is what I got from your post.

When ordering a phone from Apple, you basically have two choices:

1. Order it with the cellular provider that you currently use and have them "transfer" the phone number to a new SIM card or eSIM. This is normally what you would do if you own the phone and have your own personal cellular service with it.
  2. Order the phone unlocked. You would then use the SIM card that your company provided you with the new phone.

New IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.