You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iCloud backups from a new iPhone replace the backups from previous iPhone??

I just purchased an iPhone 11 Pro and will be moving from my current iPhone 7. I am wondering how the iCloud backups work when my iPhone is switched over..

Will iCloud still have my latest backup from my iPhone 7 once I switch phones? I do not want to setup my new phone with EVERYTHING transferred, I want to somewhat start fresh on my new iPhone 11.

Will iCloud have different backups for the two devices or at least contain the data from both iPhones if I do not "restore" my new iphone 11 Pro from iPhone 7?

iPhone 7

Posted on May 9, 2020 3:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 5:06 AM

Will iCloud still have my latest backup from my iPhone 7 once I switch phones?

Yes.

If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud, the first backup you create on the new phone will overwrite any previous backups.

4 replies

May 9, 2020 5:26 AM in response to allthatglittersisgold

I will lose everything I did not bring over to the new phone.....?

Which is what you said you wanted. A fresh start.

I do not want to setup my new phone with EVERYTHING transferred, I want to somewhat start fresh on my new iPhone 11.

How can we possibly know what you mean by "somewhat" You either transfer the dat or you don't, There is no halfway with iOS backup/restore.

Will iCloud backups from a new iPhone replace the backups from previous iPhone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.