You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete the Apple ID from a phone I got from a friend?

how do i delete an email id from a phone i got from a friend an hand me down

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 8, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 5:47 PM

you will need to contact the previous owner to have them log out of iCloud or go to https://www.icloud.com/find/ My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. 

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support.      

2 replies

May 8, 2020 3:22 PM in response to joey79m

I assume the phone is activation locked and that the friend is unavailable to provide the needed password. If I am correct, then the phone will be useless to you. We cannot remove an activation lock. And, you don't have an extenuating circumstance (e.g., you are the original owner of the phone and you have your purchase receipt for the phone with the phone's serial number on it) that would allow Apple Support to remove the activation lock.

How do I delete the Apple ID from a phone I got from a friend?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.