You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allergies

I am considering buying an Apple Watch. I have a severe allergy to Nikel. Does the metal on the watch contain Nikel?

Posted on May 8, 2020 2:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 3:05 PM

Yes. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204665

2 replies

Jun 6, 2020 4:00 AM in response to Purplepenny

I didn’t know I had a nickel allergy, but I bought an Apple Watch 5 and had a severe reaction to the back of the watch and the fastening stud in the sports band. I contacted Apple Support, but all they offered was that I see a dermatologist and take it back to where I bought it and sent me the article on ‘wearing the watch’ that I had already told them I had seen, tried all the steps in it, and that was why I was contacting them. It is a great bit of kit - but steer well clear if you have an allergy to the compound (used in both series 4 and 5).

Allergies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.