You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Computer running slow after software update

Is it possible anybody could help me understand why my computer is running slow. Just yesterday I updated my MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) software to macOS Catalina and since then, my computer gets overheated within 5 minutes of use, runs slow when I'm typing or clicking on an app, or when I want to watch Netflix the screen messes up by running slower than the actual show. I'm not sure if its because I have an older computer or what, but I'd like to know if I should just switch back to the original software and remove the macOS Catalina.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 5, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 6:27 PM

Run the Apple Diagnostics.

Run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

3 replies

May 5, 2020 8:10 PM in response to stephvald

It's been a while since I personally used EtreCheck. Just download it from the link I provided and double-click the downloaded file to run it. Once EtreCheck finishes its scan I believe you just click the "Share Report" icon and select "Copy Report" which will provide you with a special copy of the report to the clipboard I believe. Then you just use the "Additional Text" icon on this forum page to paste the report as an attachment.

Click on the "Start Slideshow" link on this page to see how EtreCheck works:

https://etrecheck.com/about

Mac Computer running slow after software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.