You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

show dimensions of video file (mp4)

What is the procedure for macOS to show the height and width of an mp4 video in pixels?

Why is this so difficult to find? It used to be easy.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 3, 2020 3:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:05 AM

What I was looking for, from experience, were the dimensions displayed in Finder. Tonight, I discovered the dimensions displayed in Finder as I remember seeing them before. However, the same video file copied to another folder does not show the dimensions,. I don't understand why there is a difference. Here is a screenshot with annotations showing what I am looking at.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2020 2:05 AM in response to danallenhouston

What I was looking for, from experience, were the dimensions displayed in Finder. Tonight, I discovered the dimensions displayed in Finder as I remember seeing them before. However, the same video file copied to another folder does not show the dimensions,. I don't understand why there is a difference. Here is a screenshot with annotations showing what I am looking at.

May 6, 2020 2:17 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Urquhart1244 wrote:

In Finder:

⌘I

menu File﹥Get Info﹥More Info﹥Dimensions

In QuickTime:

⌘I

menu Window﹥Show Movie Inspector﹥Resolution

This worked

But the question remains, why aren't the dimensions displayed in Finder in all cases?

I am looking for acknowledgement this is an unnecessary hassle. For instance, why didn't the dimensions appear in Finder menu File﹥Get Info﹥More Info﹥Dimensions?

show dimensions of video file (mp4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.