You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help

Hello

My iTunes account is activated on the same i cloud account
Nevertheless, every time my password asked the old account of the person who was using it, what do I do in order not to ask me again?

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2020 2:25 PM

Hey there Omar-abukhattab,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I understand the issue correctly, you’re being prompted to enter a password for a different account when you go to use iTunes Store. I’ll be happy to help.

To verify, is this occurring when you go to update an app? If so, you may have apps installed from the older account. In this case, you would need to delete the apps, then reinstall them under your account. 

If the issue is that your being asked to enter the password to your account but it shows an older account name, you may need to sign out of the iTunes Store on your device, restart, and sign back in.

If this isn’t the issue, please let me know what device and OS you’re having this issue on as well as what task you’re attempting to complete when this issue occurs.

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2020 2:25 PM in response to Omar-abukhattab

Hey there Omar-abukhattab,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I understand the issue correctly, you’re being prompted to enter a password for a different account when you go to use iTunes Store. I’ll be happy to help.

To verify, is this occurring when you go to update an app? If so, you may have apps installed from the older account. In this case, you would need to delete the apps, then reinstall them under your account. 

If the issue is that your being asked to enter the password to your account but it shows an older account name, you may need to sign out of the iTunes Store on your device, restart, and sign back in.

If this isn’t the issue, please let me know what device and OS you’re having this issue on as well as what task you’re attempting to complete when this issue occurs.

Best wishes.

I need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.