You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data lost

I updated my phone and accidentally all my data got erased. I don't know how but when the phone started, there was nothing in it. The data had not been backed up. Is there a way to get that back?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:29 AM

If you do not have a backup of your iPhone, there is no way to restore data. If you updated the phone via computer and iTunes, it generally will create a backup before it updates. Also, understand that whenever you update a device, your iPhone, iPad, computer, whatever, you should always create a backup of important data to ensure you have a way to restore should you experience a problem.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2020 11:29 AM in response to hena16

If you do not have a backup of your iPhone, there is no way to restore data. If you updated the phone via computer and iTunes, it generally will create a backup before it updates. Also, understand that whenever you update a device, your iPhone, iPad, computer, whatever, you should always create a backup of important data to ensure you have a way to restore should you experience a problem.

Data lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.