You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone is showing disable and I lost my appleid

My brother has purchased a iphone 5s he is working as police inspector, due to overload of work he forgot his passcode some he attempted all of them and phone is disabled. , and he contact me and I asked his apple id and he do not remember so I create a apple id again and try to login.

But that is showing Incorrect apple ID "This ID can not be use to unlock this iphone.

Please help me out.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 12:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 8:55 AM

You can't log in with a newly created Apple ID. You have to log in with the original ID your brother used to set up the phone.

See if he can recover the ID/password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

Also see the Apple Support article(s) below.

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled.          

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2020 8:55 AM in response to kabeeraligarhi

You can't log in with a newly created Apple ID. You have to log in with the original ID your brother used to set up the phone.

See if he can recover the ID/password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple    An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find              

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

Also see the Apple Support article(s) below.

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled.          

Apr 22, 2020 3:29 AM in response to kabeeraligarhi

It sounds like you police-inspector brother was scammed when he purchased his used iPhone 5s given there was an Apple ID in it he knows nothing about. In such a case, the phone will be useless to him.

The links below explain what has happened to him. He didn't heed the advice given below.

Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make

sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account. 

And see: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365See

this heading Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else.

iphone is showing disable and I lost my appleid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.