You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey Siri

“hey siri” not working on my macbook pro 2019 13 inch i got like three months ago, i have already registered my voice a lot of times in english us and uk, microphone input working tho sometimes siri doesn’t get me during voice registration but i am able to finish it always, hey siri already enabled, voice feedback enabled too and my macOS is on Mojave. Internet connection is also good, what could be the problem and how to fix it im getting tired of clicking siri in the touch bar i need it to respond to my voice only

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 12:49 PM

Elizalde_06,

Thanks for getting back to us and for verifying those steps.

From the information you provided in your original post, I noticed that your Mac is currently on macOS 10.14. I recommend updating the software on your Mac to macOS 10.15.4. Updating the macOS operating system helps provide software improvements that may help resolve the issue you're experiencing with using, "Hey Siri." If needed, here's a helpful article on how to update the software: How to update the software on your Mac

Please let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2020 12:49 PM in response to Elizalde_06

Elizalde_06,

Thanks for getting back to us and for verifying those steps.

From the information you provided in your original post, I noticed that your Mac is currently on macOS 10.14. I recommend updating the software on your Mac to macOS 10.15.4. Updating the macOS operating system helps provide software improvements that may help resolve the issue you're experiencing with using, "Hey Siri." If needed, here's a helpful article on how to update the software: How to update the software on your Mac

Please let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Apr 18, 2020 9:51 AM in response to Elizalde_06

Hello Elizalde_06,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that Siri is unresponsive on your Mac.

Siri is a great feature to help complete your daily workflow. I'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot Siri, I recommend following the steps outlined in this helpful article: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working These steps may help resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Please keep me posted on the results.

Kind regards.

Apr 20, 2020 1:55 PM in response to Elizalde_06

Elizalde_06,

No worries at all. These are good questions to ask and I can help provide you additional information. When you update your Mac to macOS Catalina, 32-bit apps will no longer be compatible. Here's more information about the transition to 64-bit technology in macOS Catalina and what to expect: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later

Besides 32-bit apps no longer being compatible in macOS Catalina. All of your personal information such as emails, notes, files etc will stay intact and you won't lose that information upon updating the software.

If you decide to update the software, I recommend creating a backup of your data, just to be on the safe side. Here's the available option of how create a backup: Back up your Mac

Thank you.

Apr 18, 2020 10:25 AM in response to BreeZee_17

hi thank you for responding but i have already seen that article a lot of times, and i have there in my first post all the things i did and checked on my mac. I think I have already done all the written requirements in that article tho voice registration sometimes dont get me at first try in english us and uk but still im always able to finish them and it says "hey siri" can now recognize my voice but still it won't work. I still have to click the siri button on touchbar to ask siri.

Apr 20, 2020 1:11 PM in response to chris_g1

Oh okay thank you for responding again, i appreciate it and I will update immediately tomorrow, but does updating change or alter my files in it? or does my data get deleted and my mac restart again like when it was still new? im sorry i have lots of questions this mac is still quite new to me and im still learning about it but thank you for spending time to help me im just worried about what will happen or change if i update thank you so much again

Hey Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.