You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15 suddenly will not charge after dying

I have a Macbook Pro 15 that I have had since the beginning of this year. Today, it has suddenly died without giving me a warning and it will not detect a charge at all. There is no sign of power. It had done something similar before when i had first gotten it, but I solved it fast. That’s not working out this time. I’d like to add that i keep it plugged in most of the time because i am on it constantly, and i unplugged it last night and the night before and it was just fine yesterday and today until about an hour before all of this happened.

Usually it detects a charge and i have to avoid touching it otherwise it seems to not charge? Well, this time i didnt touch it and after 5 minutes i discovered it wont detect the charger in all 4 ports and i tried all of the plugs in my room. I tried following the SMC instructions, I tried the power button instructions, nothing works. Did it just suddenly die forever on me?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 3:11 PM

If your Mac battery won't charge - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Pro 15 suddenly will not charge after dying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.