You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini reboots

My Mac mini reboots (after extended off time) to a screen displaying a trackpad and mouse. I cannot pass this screen due to Magic Mouse and Apple keyboard not responding. I’ve tried all the reboot commands I can find online and nothing is working. The keyboard batteries are new and the mouse is charged.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:01 PM

You may need to see about re-pairing, again; for wireless keyboard & mouse to connect.

Some ideas on how to troubleshoot could be helpful in 'trial and error' kinda way, here:

• If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with our Mac as expected - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204621

Not sure what else to suggest; however this article has some fair ideas to try.

In the interim if you have them, try USB wired keyboard/mouse models.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2020 11:01 PM in response to Jevansii

You may need to see about re-pairing, again; for wireless keyboard & mouse to connect.

Some ideas on how to troubleshoot could be helpful in 'trial and error' kinda way, here:

• If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with our Mac as expected - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204621

Not sure what else to suggest; however this article has some fair ideas to try.

In the interim if you have them, try USB wired keyboard/mouse models.

Apr 7, 2020 11:53 PM in response to K Shaffer

I ended up plugging in a different Bluetooth mouse (I knew I had one somewhere) and rebooting. The trackpad and mouse page wasn’t displayed on restart and startup continued normally. After that the keyboard “magically” worked also. I unplugged the backup mouse and then the Magic Mouse automatically connected as it should. I’ll keep that other mouse handy incase it happens again. Thanks everyone.

Mac mini reboots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.