You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get logged in to new apps. Says safari cannot open because address is not correct

How do I correct this.?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 31, 2020 3:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2020 6:01 PM

Hi Greatgrandma2,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to log into new applications, and you are receiving an error related to Safari not being able to open due to an incorrect address. I'd like to see how I can help out.

I do have a few questions to gain some clarification.

-Which device are you using? You posted in the macOS Communities, but your profile shows an iPad Air. Are you experiencing this issue on your iPad and Mac?

-What is the specific error you are receiving?

-Is this happening when you open a specific application, or are you visiting a specific website via Safari?

In the meantime, below I am sharing some articles with you, in hopes they can help you with the issue you are experiencing.

For macOS:

-If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing - Apple Support.

-If you can’t open a website in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

For iOS:

-If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

-If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support.

Please feel free to reply back if you need continued support, and share responses to the questions above along with any other helpful information. Best regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2020 6:01 PM in response to Greatgrandma2

Hi Greatgrandma2,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to log into new applications, and you are receiving an error related to Safari not being able to open due to an incorrect address. I'd like to see how I can help out.

I do have a few questions to gain some clarification.

-Which device are you using? You posted in the macOS Communities, but your profile shows an iPad Air. Are you experiencing this issue on your iPad and Mac?

-What is the specific error you are receiving?

-Is this happening when you open a specific application, or are you visiting a specific website via Safari?

In the meantime, below I am sharing some articles with you, in hopes they can help you with the issue you are experiencing.

For macOS:

-If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing - Apple Support.

-If you can’t open a website in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

For iOS:

-If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

-If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support.

Please feel free to reply back if you need continued support, and share responses to the questions above along with any other helpful information. Best regards.

Apr 2, 2020 7:27 PM in response to Greatgrandma2

Greatgrandma2,

Thank you for clarifying your issue further.

Let's try having you download the applications directly from the App Store vs. from a link from within another app, like Facebook. Below are some steps for you to try.

You mentioned apps are not syncing from your iPhone to your iPad. Make sure you are signed in using the same Apple ID on each device under Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID. Then, on both devices, navigate to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads. Make sure you enable 'Apps', and any other service you wish to "sync" between your devices: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support.

Then, if the apps still do not come over, on your iPad, please try redownloading the application(s) following these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support. Please note, when you run through these steps to redownload the apps, you may need to tap on "Not on this [device]" to see the list of apps on your iPhone, that you can download to your iPad. See if this helps get Messenger, and any other apps, working on your iPad.

Keep us posted on how this works out for you.

Cannot get logged in to new apps. Says safari cannot open because address is not correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.