You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing keynote presentation in videoconference (here: zoom.us) – simultaneous display of presentation and videoconference display

When sharing a keynote.app presentation in full screen mode videos are not visible anymore.

For me, using zoom.us on Catalina with all updates installed (26.03.2020) and a two-monitor setup, I can nicely share a Keynote window and see the videoconference and its controls. However, the moment I put Keynote into presentation mode all there is are the two Keynote screens: Presentation and presenter notes (or, if turne off, a black screen). I can switch to another space with the videoconference, but then cannot see nor operate the presentation.

The expected behavior would be to put Keynote into presentation mode, share the window or screen of the presentation, and be able to overlay the presenter display with windows form the videoconferencing software, i.e., zoom.us.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Mar 26, 2020 9:05 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 27, 2020 8:58 AM in response to jochen.kuepper

I have a similar problem, describe here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251219261 -- with a work-around (HTML export).

I'm not quite sure but I think that at least sharing the full-screen presentation should be possible, even if you cannot see the video conferencing windows. You need to enable "Allow Mission Control, Dashboard and others to use the screen" in Keynote preferences.

Mar 29, 2020 2:33 PM in response to jochen.kuepper

Hmm... I have the very same settings.

My set up is as follows: One screen (small one) for the slide show. One screen for the presenter display.

I did start a Zoom meeting. And I used screen sharing, sharing the small screen with the slide show. That is "Display 2" when I start the sharing in Zoom. Then I start the presentation -- and I see the Zoom control floating over the presenter display. From there I can open the chat window and the "manage participants" view. When I opened them previously, they will still float on the presenter display.

See the "real" screen shot attached here (it is a real screenshot, since the F4-screenshot won't show the Zoom windows.

Here are my software versions: (I think just the latest ones)

• macos Catalina 10.15.3
  • Keynote 9.2.1 (6529)
  • Zoom4.6.8 (19178.0323)

Mar 29, 2020 1:14 PM in response to YetAnotherJens

I have enable this (already for a while),

but it does not help...

It allows me to show Mission Control, etc. and also to switch to other apps in the Keynote presentation – but the moment I switch to Zoom it will hide switch away from Keynote on both screens...

As it works for you, there must be a different relevant 'difference:-O Would be good to find out;-)

Mar 29, 2020 12:56 PM in response to jochen.kuepper

You need to enable "Allow Mission Control, Dahboard and others to use the screen" in the Keynote preferences. I did this (with a presenter screen as well), sharing the second screen (on which Keynote does the presentation). The Zoom-Controls then floats over the presenter screen (you can open the chat windows and participants view etc. -- so it is fully functional).

Mar 29, 2020 2:38 PM in response to YetAnotherJens

Ah! Maybe you are not interested in the chat and participant window, but in the video view showing the participants. That view is not shown on my presenter screen. Well, I do not need that one: I give lectures to a class, so I do not need to see them. I only need the participant view in order to see whether someone raised a hand. Usually, all participants (i.e. the students) are muted, and when someone raised a hand, I can unmute the student similar to the class room situation.

Mar 30, 2020 6:01 AM in response to YetAnotherJens

Hey Jens,

right – if I pop out the chat / participant window, they float over the presenter notes (had this before, but forgot about it as it is not useful to me – thank you for bringing it up again;-). This is independent of which screen I use to present and which one for notes – (if I move the windows there first) they stay on top of the presenter screen.

However, I am using this in "real" meetings where it is important to see the videos of all participants and to have a discussion on the presented material (think about a group meeting and similar.

There seems to be the option for a smaller video-window – not the mini-window, that does not help as it does not work with screen sharing – but a smaller version of the video window that sometimes pops up when disabling the "use dual monitors" setting (but I cannot test or get this working right now, it might need multiple participants?) Maybe that one flows over the presenter notes, too?

Sharing keynote presentation in videoconference (here: zoom.us) – simultaneous display of presentation and videoconference display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.