You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I sold my watch to a stranger and I don’t want to share my Apple ID and Password, how can they set up the watch without it?

How can a new owner of a watch I sold to them set up the watch without my Apple ID and password. I don’t know this persona at all and I don’t want to share that info

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 4:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2020 4:55 PM

Did you do these steps to prepare that device for sale before selling it? -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If not, follow the steps in -> Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You should never share your AppleID and password with anyone, so you’re wise to not do that. But it is also never necessary to do so.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2020 4:55 PM in response to Newowner2020

Did you do these steps to prepare that device for sale before selling it? -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If not, follow the steps in -> Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You should never share your AppleID and password with anyone, so you’re wise to not do that. But it is also never necessary to do so.

If I sold my watch to a stranger and I don’t want to share my Apple ID and Password, how can they set up the watch without it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.