You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can not upgrate os

Hello, i currently have os 10.9 and i need to upgrade as some apps are not usable anymore. However, when i go to system preferences and updates, there are no updates to be made and i also can not find this in the app store. Can you please help how i can update? Thanks.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 22, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2020 7:09 AM

missr0 Said:

"[...]it just get stucks on this page. I press install and nothing happens. even after deleting the app, restarting computer and pressing on link again"

-------

Redownload the Installation File:

Re-download it, going here:

1. Go Here: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down: to the How to get updates for earlier macOS versions pane
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

If that is no success, isolate the issues:

• Boot into Safe Mode: If of no success, then bot into Safe Mode (Hold Down: Shift key upon boot). Caches and all other unnecessary items are put aside when booting into it.

• USB Bootable Installer: If neither of the above is of success, create and use a USB Bootable Installer, and proceed from there.
10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2020 7:09 AM in response to missr0

missr0 Said:

"[...]it just get stucks on this page. I press install and nothing happens. even after deleting the app, restarting computer and pressing on link again"

-------

Redownload the Installation File:

Re-download it, going here:

1. Go Here: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Scroll Down: to the How to get updates for earlier macOS versions pane
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

If that is no success, isolate the issues:

• Boot into Safe Mode: If of no success, then bot into Safe Mode (Hold Down: Shift key upon boot). Caches and all other unnecessary items are put aside when booting into it.

• USB Bootable Installer: If neither of the above is of success, create and use a USB Bootable Installer, and proceed from there.

i can not upgrate os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.