You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[Loner T] Bootcamp

Hey, i've been on the verge of losing my head tring to reinstall windows 10 for the last two weeks. I was originally able to install it no problem with modofying the plist and using a usb(on el capitan) to boot into windows and not efi boot since my 2010 Macbook 7,1 isn't efi native and is having issues with my nvidia gpu after driver install. Anyways i wanted to increase my windows partition and bam it wasn't bootable anymore. I mistakenly deleted bootcamp through disk utility instead of BCA but i dont think that this is the problem. Whenever i try to reinstall windows through bootcamp again with a usb i only get efi boot! I formatted and restored my mac just in case there was issues with my EFI partition because rm-rfmicrosoft was not working. I have tried disc2image and rufus to burn a windows iso for legacy-bios but it still shows EFI boot. Is there anyway i can configure it to show a "Windows" usb bootable? I'm on bootcamp 6.0.0. Any help is super appreciated. Loner T i hope you read this soon because I am so frustrated lol! Mid-2010 unibody all white macbook 250HDD,16gb ram, intel core 2 duo and nvidia geforce 320m.

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 6:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 9:11 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 20, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Loner T

Hey thanks for the reply man! I ended up fixing it through burning a windows 10 iso and running BIOS. I'm still bothered by the problem. I did exactly as that link says and i even used wimlib (a code you can download to terminal to split the install.wim file into multiple parts and transfer on a FAT32) to copy the newest ISO 1909 (5gb) to my usb. I realised on High Sierra BCA was not automatically creating a hybrid partition so i tried with gdisk but it would cause a "select bootable..." on bios load. I had to downgrade to el capitan where that worked (with my dvd iso). I wonder what is wrong with my USB because i tried it with both high sierra (protective mbr) and el capitan (hybrid mbr) and it would only make an efi boot. (It is a 2.0 PNY 64gb). I think after the first time i installed bios with it, it must have messed it up in some way im not sure. I recall it became undetectable until i restarted my mac twice. For regular use it works fine, weird. I hope this can help others out. Anyone aiming for CSM-BIOS i highly recommend you stay away from high sierra and use el capitan and upgrade only after the partition is successful after driver installation. Thanks again for the reply man, golden.

[Loner T] Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.