You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation unlock my 2nd hand purchased device

I purchased an iphone 7 from someone on facebook however I did the sim card transfer from my phone to the new one and it went thru but it has an activation lock. What do I do ?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 11:07 AM

Contact the person who sold it to you on Facebook and give them this link: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If they won't do what it says in the link return the iPhone and get your money back.

2 replies

Mar 14, 2020 11:07 AM in response to jazmine76

Return the phone if you bought a used iPhone which is activation locked. The person you bought it from either knows the Apple ID and Password or they sold you a lost or stolen device. You cannot bypass activation lock. Apple will NOT help you. We cannot help you. If the seller cannot or will not help you, you've been scammed.

Read this user tip I wrote about used devices --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Activation unlock my 2nd hand purchased device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.