You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block minecraft using Screen Time

Is there any way to use Screen Time to block / restrict Minecraft? The minecraft launcher can be limited, but the application then runs in a standalone instance of Java which I can't find any way to restrict.

The minimum setting for any limits is always 1 minute, so I don't seem to be able to block the use of the launcher for the 15 seconds or so it require to launch Java. Perhaps there is a way to do it in screen time, or perhaps there is a clever alternative way to limit the use of Java on an account? Happy to block Java permanently on a single account if that is possible

David

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 3:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 4:04 PM

If it helps anyone else I think I have managed this by changing the permissions on the Minecraft application within Finder. I had to log in as an admin, then right click on the application, Get Info. In the permissions section I changed Everyone to No Access, then added specific users who should have access to the application.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 18, 2020 4:04 PM in response to khaosproductions

If it helps anyone else I think I have managed this by changing the permissions on the Minecraft application within Finder. I had to log in as an admin, then right click on the application, Get Info. In the permissions section I changed Everyone to No Access, then added specific users who should have access to the application.

Block minecraft using Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.