You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App

My health app will not count my steps. How do I fix it?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 7:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 7:25 PM

Turn on Health in Privacy Settings

One possible reason for Health app not tracking steps in iOS13/12.4 on iPhone could be the settings in Privacy. Follow the steps below to confirm that you've turned Health ON in Privacy settings. 

Go to Settings-->>Privacy-->>Motion & Fitness. Turn the Health setting to ON.

If your steps taken are not showing on in the Health app dashboard then check the following-

• Open Health app, and choose Health Data section at the bottom.
  • Choose Fitness and tap on Walking + Running Distance.
  • Turn ON Show on Dashboard.

After this setting, you can walk a bit and check out whether your Health app is counting your steps and display them on the dashboard.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2020 7:25 PM in response to dolly163

Turn on Health in Privacy Settings

One possible reason for Health app not tracking steps in iOS13/12.4 on iPhone could be the settings in Privacy. Follow the steps below to confirm that you've turned Health ON in Privacy settings. 

Go to Settings-->>Privacy-->>Motion & Fitness. Turn the Health setting to ON.

If your steps taken are not showing on in the Health app dashboard then check the following-

• Open Health app, and choose Health Data section at the bottom.
  • Choose Fitness and tap on Walking + Running Distance.
  • Turn ON Show on Dashboard.

After this setting, you can walk a bit and check out whether your Health app is counting your steps and display them on the dashboard.

Axel F.

Health App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.