You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra upgrade, Mac crashes and Restarts?

Hi guys I wondered if anyone could help? My iMac recently upgraded to High Sierra and something is causing it to crash and restart :(

I've attached a copy of the EtreCheck report here if anyone could help me diagnose what the issue is?

Many thanks in advance :)

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 8:28 AM

10 replies

Feb 24, 2020 9:01 AM in response to DevsRocks

Besides mj's always great advice, clear at least 30 GB of space.

Also trash these files & restart...

~/Library/LaunchAgents/mega.mac.megaupdater.plist

/Library/LaunchDaemons/uk.co.canimaansoftware.ClamXAV.Engine.plist

~ tilde indicates hidden Home Library.

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1. From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.
  2. In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Method 2:

1. Go to the Finder (or desktop).
  2. Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
  3. With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.

4 Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

Feb 24, 2020 8:39 AM in response to DevsRocks

You are very low on free disk space which can cause many problems. Move larger, lesser used files off onto external media to free up space. YOu should look to have about 100 -200 GB free space on your drive. Uninstall CleanMyMac as per the devlopers instructions. It's been the source of many issues. Uninstall Little Snitch it uses a ton of system resources. Also go to System Preferences > Profiles and find and delete any profiles you do not recognize.

Feb 24, 2020 9:07 AM in response to macjack

Hey Jack and thanks for the reply :)

Yes the system is currently low on space but that is due to what I was doing today and is not usually like that. CleanMyMac was removed a while ago according to there instructions. It was just an empty folder left that I have now removed. Little Snitch hasnt been causing me any issues previously and I can only see one profile via system prefs.

I'm confident that it is something else that is causing the crash / restart however I do not know how to read the report?

Any other thoughts as o the issue?

High Sierra upgrade, Mac crashes and Restarts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.