You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 4 - Not counting Flights of stairs during "Indoor Walk"

When I walk up and down 4 flights of stairs while not in any workout mode, the watch activity records that I've climbed 4 flights.

When I walk up and down the same 4 flights of stairs while in "Outdoor Walk" workout mode, the watch activity records that I've climbed 4 flights.

When I walk up and down the same 4 flights of stairs while in "Indoor Walk" workout mode, the watch activity doesn't record that I've climbed any flights. Why not?

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 7:46 AM

Because when you do indoor walk(treadmill) there is no elevation gain so the watch won't record any.

A flight of stairs is counted as around 3 meters / 10 feet of elevation gain (HEIGHT), approximately 16 steps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2020 7:46 AM in response to DWRTroy

Because when you do indoor walk(treadmill) there is no elevation gain so the watch won't record any.

A flight of stairs is counted as around 3 meters / 10 feet of elevation gain (HEIGHT), approximately 16 steps.

Apple Watch 4 - Not counting Flights of stairs during "Indoor Walk"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.