You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Purchase date not validated" message when checking AirPods serial number

Hi, today I bought a pair of airpods, they were new and sealed in its box. First i opened the box and compared the serial numbers (box and charging case) and everything was ok, after i checked serial number for my warranty and support.

1 problem. I received this message "purchase date not validated".

2 problem. When i first paired them with my iphone the name of airpods i guess had to be changed to my iphone's name, but instead of it this name showed "maniac of depressive goat's airpods"

3 problem( not sure about this one, maybe its Intentional behavior) when i paired them first time there was no notification to hold up the small button on the charging case, they paired after i tapped connect

please help me figure out are they original or not, or used.

thank you

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 22, 2020 9:19 AM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2020 7:56 AM in response to artus93

Hello artus93,

I understand that when you checked the warranty and support for your AirPods you received a message that the purchase was not valid and the AirPods name comes up with manic depressive goats AirPods. I am happy to help.

Where did you purchase your AirPods from?

Did you use this link to check the status of your AirPods? Check your status and support service

Let me know.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities..

Take care!

"Purchase date not validated" message when checking AirPods serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.