You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync clips ignoring timecode : stacking clips as a result

Hi,

I'm unable to sync audio and and video using the synchronise clips tool in 10.4.8. I'm using a BMPCC4K and a MixPre3. No external timecode so I'm relying on the audio for sync. The problem is that the video files are either stacked or out of order.

So for example, only syncing the following video clips.

Results in this:

FCPX seems to be ignoring both the created time as well as the in camera timecode despite the meta data clearly being available. I've tried all sync settings.

The source is Prores 422 straight from the camera, no intermediate process.

I'm stumped, any ideas?

Thanks

Brett

Posted on Feb 19, 2020 10:37 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 19, 2020 11:34 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Luis,

Thats exactly my use case, one camera syncing to an audio recorder. I used the video only example for process of elimination.

Syncing the audio and video like this:

Creates a proper mess, both audio and video components partially stacked.

On your suggestion I attempted a Multicam sync. The video clips seem to assemble correctly but my off camera audio does not.

I realize that my camera and off camera audio does not carry synced timecode, but each channel is consistent so I'm relying on audio sync and a clapper to fix this. I've done this in the past with ease which is why this is so confusing.

Feb 19, 2020 11:54 AM in response to brettfrommountain view

Luis,

After re-reading your response and some experimentation with some iPhone video you're 100% on the mark.

Despite using only one camera angle I do have multiple video clips. This all worked fine prior to Multicam support (dating myself here).

I'll work though my Multicam audio sync problems but that seems the right approach.

Thank you,

Brett

Sync clips ignoring timecode : stacking clips as a result

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.