You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Time Machine doesn't work with mail

If I open Time Machine from Mail, it shows no data. It will not me go back in time.

Time Machine is fine with Finder.

Time Machine and mail worked fine with Sierra.

Spent a long time with support and they duplicated the problem. The only suggestion was to go back to Sierra

Anyone know about a real fix?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 13, 2020 10:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2020 5:10 PM

growbot,

The last thing to try would be to reinstall the software running Time Machine and the Mail app: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

If you're still having issues after reinstalling macOS, it'll be best to keep partnering with Apple Support directly: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

4 replies

Feb 16, 2020 1:36 PM in response to growbot

Hello growbot,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and I understand no data is showing for Mail when using Time Machine. I'll do what I can to help.

Here are some suggestions depending on what you've done already with Apple Support:

Have a great day.

Catalina Time Machine doesn't work with mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.