You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cost of screen of iphone 7

My iphone 7 screen is cracked

what is the cost to repair it

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2020 8:58 AM

You can find pricing here: iPhone service pricing

5 replies

Feb 12, 2020 8:42 AM in response to sumit245

This is a user forum. We’re not Apple. This is a hardware problem. Ascertaining the details of the damage are going to involve a physical evaluation of the damage. Make an appointment with Apple Support (link in the upper right corner) or your preferred hardware repair provider, and they’ll have a look and give you an estimate and options.

Pragmatically, an iPhone 7 is pretty old, so you’re probably going to be considering a replacement here, too.

Feb 12, 2020 9:21 AM in response to KiltedTim

y_p_w wrote:

MrHoffman wrote:
Pragmatically, an iPhone 7 is pretty old, so you’re probably going to be considering a replacement here, too.

Mine is aging exceptionally well after three years. I frankly don't want a new phone as long as my 7 is working well.

Old to repair.

A cracked screen is not inconsequential damage to repair.

If your iPhone 7 has negligible or no damage and works fine for your needs, good on you.

That’s not the case, here.

Repairing a ~three year old iPhone is certainly possible.

But you’ll end up spending that on what is a ~three year old iPhone.

Feb 12, 2020 10:11 AM in response to MrHoffman

MrHoffman wrote:

y_p_w wrote:

MrHoffman wrote:

Mine is aging exceptionally well after three years. I frankly don't want a new phone as long as my 7 is working well.
Old to repair.
A cracked screen is not inconsequential damage to repair.
If your iPhone 7 has negligible or no damage and works fine for your needs, good on you.
That’s not the case, here.
Repairing a ~three year old iPhone is certainly possible.
But you’ll end up spending that on what is a ~three year old iPhone.

If I needed to replace the touchscreen assembly, that would be $149 plus tax. If that's the extent of the repair, I would consider it. However, more extensive repairs are pretty much only done as a complete service replacement. At $319 I might even consider it, although at that point a new iPhone 8 might be a better option.

Cost of screen of iphone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.