You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlocking phone

My iPhone 11 Pro refuses to accept the correct Passcode. What is going on?

Posted on Feb 10, 2020 1:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
5 replies

Feb 10, 2020 4:03 AM in response to ckuan

I have seen this issue before. It is usually to do with two-factor authentication that is turned on but an older device with an outdated iOS can't authenticate because it doesn't receive the standard two-factor verification prompt.

I think you should try sending yourself the two-factor verification code on one of your other devices (assuming you have more). Then type that verification code into the passcode prompt on the phone with the problem.

One of the dead giveaways of this issue is where someone sets a 4 digit passcode but receives a 6 digit prompt. If you did in fact set a 6 digit passcode, you still need to type in the two factor verification code.

Try it !!!!!

Unlocking phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.