You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightroom 3 will not open with Catalina

I haven't used Lightroom regularly lately but decided to try it again a few months ago while considering if I should buy the cloud service. Now, I have photos in Lightroom 3. Recently, I updated to Catalina and Lightroom will not longer open (32 bit). I'm settled with not being able to use the application but I'm concerned about how to get my photos exported.

How can I access photos that were imported from my camera directly to Lightroom when I can no longer open the Lightroom application?

Thank you.

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 11:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 11:25 PM

Well you can simply access the original images in the folders where you store them. You can do that with the Finder and don't need LR for that at all.

As for where those folders are... that depends on how you set LR up day one. But I'd start looking in the Pictures Folder.

Another workaround... go to the Adobe Lightroom site and sign up for a free trial of the Lightroom Classic version. That runs for 7 days which would be plenty of time to get your images out.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 26, 2020 11:25 PM in response to ballofire

Well you can simply access the original images in the folders where you store them. You can do that with the Finder and don't need LR for that at all.

As for where those folders are... that depends on how you set LR up day one. But I'd start looking in the Pictures Folder.

Another workaround... go to the Adobe Lightroom site and sign up for a free trial of the Lightroom Classic version. That runs for 7 days which would be plenty of time to get your images out.

Lightroom 3 will not open with Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.