You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an ipad 7th generation that has been disabled and shows me the connect to itunes i need help

once I connect my ipad to my computer what do I do next because I tried turning off the ipad and turning it back on to reset but it is still saying disable connect to iTunes

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 3:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2020 6:28 PM

You don't turn it back on. You turn it off, leave it off then connect it to the computer while holding either the Top button (on an iPad with Face ID) or the Home button (on other iPads) and keep holding that button until it starts and displays the recovery screen. Then follow the other instructions in the link.

See one of the following (depending on your iPad model) from If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

iPad with Face ID: Press and hold the Top button and either volume

button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off

your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Top

button. Keep holding the Top button until you see the recovery mode

screen.

or

iPad with Home button: Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the

power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device.

Connect your device to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep

holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 20, 2020 6:28 PM in response to tinaValrn

You don't turn it back on. You turn it off, leave it off then connect it to the computer while holding either the Top button (on an iPad with Face ID) or the Home button (on other iPads) and keep holding that button until it starts and displays the recovery screen. Then follow the other instructions in the link.

See one of the following (depending on your iPad model) from If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

iPad with Face ID: Press and hold the Top button and either volume

button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off

your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Top

button. Keep holding the Top button until you see the recovery mode

screen.

or

iPad with Home button: Press and hold the Side (or Top) button until the

power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device.

Connect your device to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep

holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.

i have an ipad 7th generation that has been disabled and shows me the connect to itunes i need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.