You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging port

for the past few months my charging port has gotten loose (?) i guess is the best way to describe it. my charger no longer makes a solid click when i go to charge my phone. the charger now plugs into the port with ease and can be pulled out with the SLIGHTEST movement. even when the charger is in the port, it CONSTANTLY reconnects & disconnects the charger, making the charging process longer & im afraid its ruining my phones battery too. theres no real way to show what im describing except for a video, which isnt possible to show.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 10:20 PM

1 reply

Jan 19, 2020 10:32 PM in response to iphone7plusbreakdown

My understanding is that Apple's solution to that would typically be a complete service replacement. However it might be possible to replace just the Lightning port if the teardown guides are a good indicator. There are third party replacement ports, but that runs into a risk that it doesn't work and/or Apple denies any future service for the device as a result of an unauthorized part being installed.

charging port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.