You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro Bad Audio Quality

When I connect my airpods pro to my Macbook, the sound quality is terrible, however, when they are connected to my iphone, the quality is good. How can i fix this issue?

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 6:03 AM

I have same issue. Using airpodpro's with my iPhone XR works well. Using airpod pros to listen to music / audio on my macbook pro (2014) also works well but as soon as I change the input setting on the mbp (2014) to use the microphone on the airpod pros' the entire audio quality drops to a terrible level.

Only way is to use the mbp input as the internal microphone and the audio is ok but that pickup a lot of background audio and defeats the idea of being able to roam with my new airpods whilst on a call through the mbp...

Is this also a problem on the latest bmp (2019)?

Is it related to the version of bluetooth as my olb mbp (2014) uses BT v4.0 not the latest v 5.0?

Can this be fixed with firmware / software updates or am I stuck with terrible recording quality?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2020 6:03 AM in response to thom245

I have same issue. Using airpodpro's with my iPhone XR works well. Using airpod pros to listen to music / audio on my macbook pro (2014) also works well but as soon as I change the input setting on the mbp (2014) to use the microphone on the airpod pros' the entire audio quality drops to a terrible level.

Only way is to use the mbp input as the internal microphone and the audio is ok but that pickup a lot of background audio and defeats the idea of being able to roam with my new airpods whilst on a call through the mbp...

Is this also a problem on the latest bmp (2019)?

Is it related to the version of bluetooth as my olb mbp (2014) uses BT v4.0 not the latest v 5.0?

Can this be fixed with firmware / software updates or am I stuck with terrible recording quality?

Airpods Pro Bad Audio Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.