You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small keyboard on iPad with recent iOS update

I absolutely can’t stand the smaller keyboard on my IPad. Desperately looking for an option to make it the way it was! Please please please bring it back!

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 6:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2020 7:19 PM

Drag the bottom of the keyboard to the center of the bottom of your screen. Sorry it is a bit hard to explain. I think you found the floating keyboard option.

-AJ

5 replies

Jan 18, 2020 4:13 AM in response to snaproll2015

Hi there,

The floating keyboard is enabled. On the long dash - at the bottom of the floating keyboard. Place your finger on the dash and drag to bottom of screen. The floating keyboard should re-dock, it takes a moment to expand to the usual full lower screen keyboard. In setting go to General go to keyboard, there are a couple of settings re the keyboard. Also if you hold down the remove keyboard button at bottom right of the full keyboard a small menu will appear above that key. You can slide your finger up to any of 3 options, undock, split or floating.

Small keyboard on iPad with recent iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.