You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Transfer?

Got my phone stolen, so I got a new one. Trying to download my music and whenever I try it says “You must transfer this device to your Apple ID to play content saved offline. You will be unable to transfer this device again for 90 days.”

And it gives me the option to cancel or transfer. I made it so the device I have right now is the only one registered with my Apple ID. Is there anything I can do or will I just not be able to download music?

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 12:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2020 5:54 PM

My understanding of that message is once you transfer that device to your ID and use it in the App Store/iTunes, the device can't be transferred to a new ID and be used in the App Store/iTunes until 90 days later. You should be able to continue using it in the App Store/iTunes using your Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2020 5:54 PM in response to jay1052

My understanding of that message is once you transfer that device to your ID and use it in the App Store/iTunes, the device can't be transferred to a new ID and be used in the App Store/iTunes until 90 days later. You should be able to continue using it in the App Store/iTunes using your Apple ID.

Apple ID Transfer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.