You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Identify incoming call by SIM

I have a newly set up iPhone 11 Pro with both the physical SIM and eSIM active with separate numbers. Is there any way of configuring the phone such that I can identify which SIM is receiving an incoming call? One is my personal number, and the other my business phone. Ideally, I would like to answer differently depending on which line is receiving the call.

My prior dual SIM Android phone allowed for distinct ringtones based on the SIM, and also showed which SIM was receiving the call on the incoming call screen. This seems like very basic functionality, but I can't find a way to accomplish this on the iPhone.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 1:58 PM

5 replies

Jan 13, 2020 6:36 AM in response to dbcollies

From what I understand about it, the screen should display primary if it is the line that you have designated as Primary. I cananot really give you more, but maybe someone that uses one can read this and respond. I know you can designate contacts to use specific numbers and that would help. Otherwise, you may wish to contact Apple Support with your question, or if you live close to an Apple Store, stop in and see if someone there has a better understanding of how it works.

Identify incoming call by SIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.