You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is stuck on an old Apple ID and I have no access to that account

My Apple Watch is stuck on an old Apple ID and i have no access to that account. I’ve tried to reset the password but never get anywhere due to Apple not sending me the text they said they would to let me get my account back. I’ve done this many different times trying to get the text to get my account back and still nothing

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 6, 2020 4:29 PM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2020 5:15 PM in response to Jacobmac374

Greetings Jacobmac374,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to use your Apple Watch, as it sounds like the Apple Watch has Activation Lock with a previous Apple ID you were using. Additionally, it seems you're going through account recovery to regain access to your account, and you haven't been notified that the process has been completed.

I suggest checking the status of account recovery to determine when the waiting period is scheduled to complete, as outlined in the following article: Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support

If you're unable to receive a verification code to reset your Apple ID password due to the code being sent to a phone number you can't access, then attempt to update your trusted phone number from a trusted device. To do so on your iPhone, tap Settings > [your name] > Password & Security, then tap Edit to add a trusted phone number: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Once the trusted phone number has been updated, attempt to reset the password for the Apple ID associated with your Apple Watch: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Cheers.

My Apple Watch is stuck on an old Apple ID and I have no access to that account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.