You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does only my iCloud iPhone back up and not and not my iPad Pro backup show in choices for transfer to new iPat Pro?

In setting up new iPad Pro only my iPhone back up is the choice when I go for the iCloud backup. The new iPad cable has nothing to do with the past USB to lightning plug cable. How can I transfer data from older to new iPad Pro?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 3:33 PM

To quote directly from Apple, you can transfer your data directly between your old and new iPad using a cable and the Quick Start feature...

“To migrate data using a wired connection, you'll need the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a Lightning to USB Cable. Connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to your current iPhone, then plug the Lightning to USB Cable in to your new your iPhone and connect the other end to the adapter. Connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to power through its Lightning port with a 12W or higher power adapter, then follow the steps below.”

Here is the full Support Article that describes the various options available to you to transfer data and Apps to a new device - including the direct connection method outlined in italics above.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

I hope you find this to be helpful in fully resolving your question.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2020 3:33 PM in response to phoebe270

To quote directly from Apple, you can transfer your data directly between your old and new iPad using a cable and the Quick Start feature...

“To migrate data using a wired connection, you'll need the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a Lightning to USB Cable. Connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to your current iPhone, then plug the Lightning to USB Cable in to your new your iPhone and connect the other end to the adapter. Connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter to power through its Lightning port with a 12W or higher power adapter, then follow the steps below.”

Here is the full Support Article that describes the various options available to you to transfer data and Apps to a new device - including the direct connection method outlined in italics above.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

I hope you find this to be helpful in fully resolving your question.

Why does only my iCloud iPhone back up and not and not my iPad Pro backup show in choices for transfer to new iPat Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.