You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch, Spotify, blutetooth headphones

i just got a iPhone 11max and a new Apple Watch 5 yesterday with the cellular plan. I cannot get the watch to play Spotify through my Bluetooth headphones. It’s says it’s connected with the headphones on the watch but when I push play it just plays music through the speakers on my phone. When the phone is off or away from the watch it just won’t play anything. I’ve looked up a lot from others having similar issues and I’ve checked a lot. Restarted both devices. Updated both devices. Tried linking Bluetooth and different times, just can’t seem to get it to work. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 6:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:31 PM

Hi.

I had this issue too. Unfortunately, the spotify app on your watch just acts as a remote for the app on your iphone. It doesnt actually work as an on watch player. I had to switch to apple music. I know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but as it stands at the minute, that's all the spotify app is on your watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2020 7:31 PM in response to rosscollins

Hi.

I had this issue too. Unfortunately, the spotify app on your watch just acts as a remote for the app on your iphone. It doesnt actually work as an on watch player. I had to switch to apple music. I know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but as it stands at the minute, that's all the spotify app is on your watch.

Apple Watch, Spotify, blutetooth headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.