You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air 2015 won't turn on

Hi.

This is WEIRD AF!

I installed a fresh clean MacOS High Sierra on my MBA 2015.

I then left it for about a month.

I came back to it just the other day, and it won't turn on. Plugged in charger - green light at first, then red light. Ok, I thought it'll charge a bit and turn on (even though I do remember turning the mac off before I left for my break). Came back after 30 minutes. Won't turn on.

Thought it was the charger. Plugged in another charger (which works for sure). Same thing.

Weird.

Did all the reset BS that I found online (SMC, SM-this, SM-that, PM, PR, all that crap). Nothing.

Opened it up for inspection. Looks like it's brand new (seriously - I take care of my stuff like crazy! A bit OCD on these things).

Disconnected battery and reconnected it. NOTHING.

What gives?

Anyone here has a clue?

Please - if you are an Apple rep - spare me the BS of telling me to go to the Apple store. I don't have one where I am at.

Here are some pics:

https://imgur.com/a/MEAYUBB

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 5:50 AM

if you tried the SMC multiple times with all devices disconnected and your OEM power adapter directly into a grounded wall socket and the Apple Store is not an option then I suggest you find Qualified repair outfit unless you are handy with a multimeter.

There are no Apple reps here, this is a volunteer forum.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2020 5:50 AM in response to benyben

if you tried the SMC multiple times with all devices disconnected and your OEM power adapter directly into a grounded wall socket and the Apple Store is not an option then I suggest you find Qualified repair outfit unless you are handy with a multimeter.

There are no Apple reps here, this is a volunteer forum.

Jan 3, 2020 1:07 PM in response to AirGraph

Thx for the replies.

@AirGraph

As you probably know, the SSD is not required to turn on the device. Since my personal MBA was using an OEM SSD with an adapter (for faster speeds), I have removed it to eliminate possible faults in diagnostics. The MBA should boot to the folder or question mark stage without an SSD.

Thanks again.

macbook air 2015 won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.