You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled water on my computer. It works just fine but it won’t charge

I spilled water on my computer. It works just fine but it won’t charge. The green light turns green and then nothing happens. What can i do about it myself? Ordered a new battery since i tried another charger with the same result.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 9:54 AM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2020 7:13 PM in response to anders179

anders179 wrote:

I spilled water on my computer. It works just fine but it won’t charge. The green light turns green and then nothing happens. What can i do about it myself? Ordered a new battery since i tried another charger with the same result.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

I would not throw money at a new battery just yet.

You can always try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Your best advice is to take it in —

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Jan 2, 2020 10:07 AM in response to anders179

Few notebook computers survive a liquid spill. Damage tends to be progressive, getting worse as time goes by and the wetting effects spread to and compromise other components. Do not delay in taking the action babowa has wisely recommended.

As this could prove a total loss, put you homeowners'/renters' insurance carrier on notice of a potential loss. Many such policies cover accidental damage to your tech, subject to the usual deductible, of course.

Spilled water on my computer. It works just fine but it won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.