You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I lost my iPhone X, and the battery died, is there a way to still track my location of that phone? Please?!?

How do I find my phone if the battery died?!?!

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 8:51 AM

If the battery is dead then the iPhone has no way to maintain connection to the internet. The iPhone has to be able to get on a Wi-Fi network or a cellular network for it to be tracked. If the battery is dead then that cannot happen and thus you will not be able to retrieve its location through Find My [Device].

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2020 8:51 AM in response to Lostlifeline

If the battery is dead then the iPhone has no way to maintain connection to the internet. The iPhone has to be able to get on a Wi-Fi network or a cellular network for it to be tracked. If the battery is dead then that cannot happen and thus you will not be able to retrieve its location through Find My [Device].

Axel F.

If I lost my iPhone X, and the battery died, is there a way to still track my location of that phone? Please?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.